Thursday, January 8, 2015

This is what it's like to have a conversation with Pet Rescue staff

Beau Putnam recently posted a statement on the Pet Rescue facebook page:

Here is the link, and here is a screen capture in case it gets removed:



I feel that Pet Rescue is once again not being honest with the public, and is trying to whitewash their reputation with a handful of vague platitudes. I've brought up many legitimate concerns with them for four years now, concerns that many other people have also brought up. I've provided numerous, specific, practical solutions, and continue to be ignored (and I honestly don't know why). We've all been ignored. It's true that Pet Rescue has made tiny improvements over the last few years, but it's not enough, and not fast enough. They could be doing so much more. There's no excuse for killing animals "for space" when there are so many life-saving alternatives they're not even trying.

So, I posted two comments on the facebook thread, and I'll let you judge if they were out of line. Beau evidently thought so, because he deleted them, and then blocked me from commenting. Not sure that's the best way to improve their reputation.



I also had a meeting set up with him tomorrow to talk about ways I could help improve Pet Rescue, but he cancelled because "something came up." I told him I'm still available at other times, we'll see if I ever get a chance to make my case to him.

1 comment:

  1. I was also banned off Pet rescue FB page. I asked how a dog was. My question was deleted and I was banned from posting or liking anything

    ReplyDelete